stem magnet academy
local School Council
Welcome to the STEM Magnet Academy Local School Council Home Page!
The STEM Local School Council is an elected body consisting of 12 voting members:
- Principal - 1
- Parent Representatives - 6
- Community Representatives - 2
- Teacher Representatives - 2
- Non-Teacher Staff Representative - 1
Local School Councils are responsible for:
- Approving the school based academic plan (CIWP)
- Approving the alignment of budgetary resources to the CIWP
- Engaging in the annual evaluation of contract principal’s professional practices
- Selecting or renewing contract principals
The STEM Magnet Academy LSC welcomes and encourages the participation of parents, community members, teachers, students, and staff.
For more information on Local School Councils visit the CPS LSC Webpage.